- The Championship shall comprise of 54 holes of stroke play, which will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and the local rules approved by the Organising Committee.
- A competitor must be an amateur as defined by the current Rules of Amateur Status.
- Entry will be limited to 90 men. Competitors will play 18 holes each day and a cut will be set after two rounds.
- In the event of a tie after three rounds, the winner will be decided by a sudden death play-off.
- Players will walk the 54 holes of competition.
- The Committee reserves the right to disqualify any competitor making a false statement on his application form or to refuse or reject any entry without giving reason for its decision.
- The Competitor shall start at the time laid down by the Committee.
- The Committee reserves the right to fix and/or alter starting times and to alter or amend any of the conditions.
- The Committee’s decision in all disputes is final.
- All entries will be subject to the approval of the Committee, which reserves the right to accept or refuse or, having accepted, subsequently reject any entry without giving reason for its decision.
Order of Play
The draw for rounds 1 and 2 will be prepared 2 days before round 1.
Competitors are required to register onsite at the Clubhouse of the Lake Course at the Grand National, RTJ Trail on Monday 5th of June 2023 from 9.00 AM – 5.00 PM.
If you are unable to register on Monday 5th of June 2023, please call the Tournament Office at +1 407 257 4888 prior to 3.00 pm to confirm your participation and then register in person at the Tournament Office prior to play on Tuesday 6th of June.
Each competitor will receive an information pack at registration.
Tournament Practice Area
A long game practice area will be assigned for Yellowhammer Invitational participants. Balls will be provided at the driving range, prior to play.
We recommend you book your practice round ASAP (we cannot guarantee a practice round if you book last minute). Practice rounds can be played on;
- Sunday 4 June 2023 and on Monday 5 June 2023, from 2:30pm – 4:30pm;
- Or any day prior to June 4th, depending on availability.
You can book your practice round by contacting the Proshop at RTJ Grand National at 334-749-9042. Please mention that you are participating in the Yellowhammer Invitational to get the discounted rate of $33 + tax for golfers walking, or $45 + tax for participants choosing to ride a golf cart. Practice rounds are for competitors only.
Free car parking for competitors and officials is available in the car parks situated by the Clubhouse.
Competitors may use their own caddy (PGA Professionals are permitted to caddy).
All golfing apparel must be clean and smart and conform to the standards of good taste normally required by most golf clubs. The wearing of jeans, denim trousers and collarless shirts is not permitted.
- Competitors are expected to acquaint themselves with the local rules – these will be distributed with the information package, together with information on pace of play.
- Pin positions and scorecards will be handed out on the starting tees.
- Disputes or doubts may only be referred to Officials and members of the Organizing Committee. In particular, rulings on the course may only be given by Officials.
- Please play without undue delay as disciplinary action will be taken against persistent slow play offenders.
- Distance-measuring devices without slope measurement are allowed.
On completion of play in each round, competitors must head to the scoring desk to ensure that their scorecards are correctly completed.
Competitors are responsible for making their own arrangements for accommodation. It is recommended that competitors make reservations as soon as possible. Information can be obtained on our website (accommodation section).
Presentation of Prizes
The presentation of prizes will take place as soon as possible after close of play on Thursday 8th of June 2023. The Winners’ Trophies are retained by the Committee. Replicas will be given to the winners.
Withdrawals received up to the 9th of May 2023 will incur a $50 withdrawal refund processing fee. After the 9th of May 2023, participants will forfeit their entry fee.
We look forward to hosting you at the Yellowhammer Invitational!